Thursday, November 7, 2013

Back to the Kid in me

It's funny to me that as I grow older, and busier, I leave out the art, music and crafts that I always did for fun, relaxation, and production of gifts.  I just haven't taken the time.  So recently, Rebecca and I decided to have "painting" sessions.  Since I rarely use my kitchen table, we set out all sorts of materials and started to work.

Rebecca has had a long-standing desire to paint pictures of grass.  Don't laugh, I don't get it either, but she finds pictures that have varieties of grass, fields, trees, sky and sometimes a flower or two.  I bought several containers of green paint and she has now produced four or five paintings.  They are good!  Interesting!

I have concentrated on a recent find - Zentangles.  Basically rough shapes or outlines of objects which I fill in with a variety of simple designs - as many designs as possible.  I don't like them as I'm doing them because I see all the flaws, missed parts, etc., but later I do like them.  Doing something creative - even when I don't appreciate the outcome much is having an excellent effect.  How can a person forget to do this? it is important to be free to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment